Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Laundry

Today I learned a lot of useful tips about doing laundry. First, I was surprised by how many people don't already know to sort laundry into color families! That was the first lesson I remember learning about laundry. Second, I was surprised by how much there is to say about doing laundry--the class lasted just over an hour and fifteen minutes!

Okay, now for useful stuff!
  • Don't overload the washer. My grandma hounded me on this but I didn't get its usefulness until today. If the washer is so full that the clothes can't be moved about freely by the agitator, then the clothes don't get clean!
  • Fabric softener can create a "waterproofing" effect on your clothes fro the buildup. Therefore, don't use it on towels!
  • It's also good to do a second rinse cycle, especially with whites, to remove all the soap and help keep laundry from turning gray and dingy.
  • Diaper wipes are good "on the go" spot removers. They get out quite a bit of stuff, including make-up (think dressing rooms!)
Like I said, the class went on for quite some time, but these were the highlights, in my opinion.
Happy Laundering!
Check out my profile on Technorati: Technorati Profile

No comments: