Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby Blessing

I know these are way overdue (thanks, Ann, for the reminder!) We blessed Elizabeth on October 12. It was a great weekend. Lots of family members were in town to celebrate Great-Grandpa Passey's 80th birthday. Unfortunately he and Grandma Passey didn't make it down because they were taking other family members to the airport. But, we really enjoyed spending the day with those who were able to come. It was a celebration of life and family. I am in awe of how precious little children are. They are so tender and innocent. It inspires me to be a better person and mother for their sake. I don't want the guilt of hardening them to this world (although I think it will probably be my fault in the long run...)


So, after church we had a nice lunch of my favorites! I made chicken salad sandwiches. I will have to post the recipe later because they were delicious! And even better the next day. I had my mother-in-law, Wendy, bring my favorite salad: spinach greens with cranberries and other yumminess with poppy seed dressing. My own dear mother brought Texas sheet cake, always a treat! And Grandma Chatterley brought homegrown and made grapejuice slushy mixed with Fresca. I don't know about anyone else, but I was in food heaven! The company was great, too:) We missed those of you who are far away. Don't worry, we show the girls your pictures and talk about you all the time!

No comments: