Monday, April 23, 2007

Murphy Found US!

Well, this post is off the general topic of this blog, but I just couldn't let it slip by without comment. I think we have become the target of Murphy's attention. In fact, he wrote a new law just for us! It goes something like "If Brent stays up late to water the yard then it will rain the next day, regardless of the weather forecast." The first time Brent watered the yard and then it rained the next day we laughed. The second time it happened we chuckled through gritted teeth. The third time we thought about watering the yard I checked the weather forecast. There wasn't more than a 10% chance of rain. We thought we were safe. We were out watering at 10:30 Saturday night. Then, after church on Sunday, it started to drizzle. And it drizzled all afternoon and evening. I am pretty sure all the fertilizer I put down on Saturday has now been successfully watered into the ground. Grow roses grow!

1 comment:

Amber P. said...

I almost watered Wednesday night, but I ran out of time. I woke up this morning to the sound of rain pattering against the windows!