Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Update

So much for getting better! She developed a fever and her coughing got worse. We finally took her to the doctor on Monday where she was diagnosed with a sinus infection. She had a fever of 103! Oh, our poor baby. So we started her on antibiotics Monday evening. She acted somewhat better on Tuesday, but she still had the fever. Then at 6:00 am this morning I woke up to her just screaming at the top of her lungs. I ran into her room and picked her up to comfort her and discovered that she had thrown up. Yuck for her. She did not agree with the experience at all.

I gave her some Tylenol and a bottle and rocked her back to sleep. She didn't wake up again until just before noon. She was given the antibiotic and Tylenol which she promptly threw up. I got home and called the doctor's office and they suggested switching antibiotics since she was having a reaction to this one. I took her over to the office with me to pick up the sample and she threw up again, all over the car. I brought her home, gave her "breakfast."

Then Brent got home. He took over while I went to class. She slept almost the whole time I was gone. She finally took the new medicine and doesn't seem to have had any adverse reactions to it. She ate dinner and played like crazy with all the tupperware and metal bowls. Then she finally went to sleep. I hope it's a good night's sleep and she doesn't wake up with a fever.

So the long and the short of it is, basically, that it pains me to see her so miserable. What an ordeal for such a little body! I hope she gets better quickly. There have been glimpses of her old self where she's clapped her hands and babbled a lot. She had mellowed out so much that it was hard to see her personality. I'm glad it's resurfacing now. I need to get more batteries for the camera, hence the lack of new pictures yet again. But once we get Sam's face permanently snot free, we'll take some more.

No comments: