Monday, February 4, 2008

Hinckley Challenge

I have been very emotional this week as I've watched reports on President Hinckley's life. He was a great man and an amazing example. He was more productive in one day than I feel I've been in my whole life!! I started his biography by Sheri Dew but haven't even finished it (it's been about two years!) My new goal is to finish it before she comes out with the conclusion to President Hinckley's life.

Another goal I have came to me in the form of an email. Normally I don't read forwards and such because I hate the guilt trip at the end to make others endure the email too. But this email was different. I got it from a close friend of mine and it contained a message I could really get behind. It's a challenge organized by Jake Anderson and reminiscent of President Hinckley's own challenge a few years back. He's named it the Hinckley Challenge and it is a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days-one day for every year of President Hinckley's life. What a wonderful way to honor this man's life and to keep his legacy alive. 97 days means reading about 5 1/2 pages a day. For me, I think that will be quite productive!

The challenge begins today! I encourage all who have an interest in President Hinckley's life or in Book of Mormon to join me in accepting this challenge and opportunity to honor President Hinckley's legacy.

No comments: