Saturday, January 31, 2009

Unplugged Experiement



I've been thinking a lot about the new year and my goals. I love blogging and sharing Sammi and Elli's adventures with family and friends. I've realized, though, that I spend an awful lot of time in front of the computer. Elli already insists on typing on the keyboard if she's on my lap and Sammi has been heard to say, "I've gotta blog about that!" With all this time spent online, I'm realizing a few things around the house are being neglected, my desk for instance!

So, in an effort to re-prioritize (that's what the new year's all about, right?) I'm unplugging for 2 weeks to get things at home under control so I can have a healthy balance of Internet and family time combined with a clean house and yummy yummy dinners.

I'll be back Feb 16 (and should have lots of cute pictures to share from all the play time we'll have!) But in the meantime, I'm going to pester Brent about getting his Christmas post done so you can finally see our fun little Christmas celebrations.

The phone will still be on so if you want to chat, I should have time (ha ha!) See ya on the other side!

2 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

That sounds awesome! I have been saying lately that I spend way too much time on the computer and it really hinders me from what I need to be doing. I can't wait for you to come back so I can see if you survived 2 weeks!!

AudreyO said...

I could never unplug for 2 weeks. I do hope you've enjoyed your time away.

I guess working online makes some of the difference. I have local friends tell me all of the time that Facebook tends to eat up way too much of their time.

Anyway, welcome back.