Thursday, October 25, 2007

Graham Crakcer Crust

I just learned the coolest trick yesterday about graham cracker crusts. If you bake them, they don't fall apart! I was surprised that it worked so well. I tried a new recipe, too and it was delicious. So, for all you who love pies with graham cracker crusts, here goes!

11 whole graham crackers (I only used 10-a whole package)
5 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt

Turn graham crackers into crumbs (food processor or rolling pin.) Combine crumbs, butter, oats, brown sugar, vanilla and salt and stir until crumbs are moistened. Press mixture into evenly across 9-in pie plate. Bake in oven at 350 until crisp, about 7 minutes. Let cool completely before filling. Crust may also be wrapped tightly in plastic and frozen up to one month.

We had a banana cream pie and I wish I had a picture. It was a very pretty pie! It was pretty delicious, too. I really like the oats in the crust.

No comments: